Manifesto and Policies
Torridge Green Party Local Manifesto
Find the Green Party Policy website at:
The Green Party's Core Values
The Green Party isn't just another political party. Green politics is a new and radical kind of politics guided by these ten core principles:
- The Green Party is a party of social and environmental justice, which supports a radical transformation of society for the benefit of all, and for the planet as a whole. We understand that the threats to economic, social and environmental wellbeing are part of the same problem, and recognise that solving one of these crises cannot be achieved without solving the others.
- Humankind depends on the diversity of the natural world for its existence. We do not believe that other species are expendable.
- The Earth's physical resources are finite. We threaten our future if we try to live beyond those means, so we must build a sustainable society that guarantees our long-term future.
- Every person, in this and future generations, should be entitled to basic material security as of right.
- Our actions should take account of the well-being of other nations, other species, and future generations. We should not pursue our well-being to the detriment of theirs.
- A healthy society is based on voluntary co-operation between empowered individuals in a democratic society, free from discrimination whether based on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion, social origin or any other prejudice.
- We emphasise democratic participation and accountability by ensuring that decisions are taken at the closest practical level to those affected by them.
- We look for non-violent solutions to conflict situations, which take into account the interests of minorities and future generations in order to achieve lasting settlements.
- The success of a society cannot be measured by narrow economic indicators, but should take account of factors affecting the quality of life for all people: personal freedom, social equity, health, happiness and human fulfilment.
- Electoral politics is not the only way to achieve change in society, and we will use a variety of methods, including lifestyle changes, to help effect progress, providing those methods do not conflict with our other core principles.
Vote for Policies
This data from 2020
See what happens when people choose policies, and not personalities.
Visit www.voteforpolicies.org.uk and see why over 950,000 people come to this conclusion: